I GENERAL PROPERTIES
3. Terms used in the Regulations mean: 1. Working Day - the day from Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays. 2. Registration Form - a form available in electronic version in the Online Store that enables the creation of a Customer Account. 3. Order Form - an electronic form available in the Online Store that allows placing an Order, in particular by adding Products to the electronic basket and defining the terms of the Sales Agreement, including the method of delivery and payment. 4. Customer Account - a panel in the online store marked with an individual name (login) and a password provided by the Consumer, which contains a set of data provided by the Consumer and information about orders placed by him. 5. Products - dietary supplements.
II. USING THE ONLINE STORE
1. The Seller uses the "cookies" mechanism, which when used by Consumers from the Store Website, are saved by the Seller's server on the hard disk of the Consumer's end device. The use of "cookies" is aimed at correct operation of the Store Website on Consumer end devices. This mechanism does not destroy the terminal device, does not cause any configuration changes or in the software installed on these devices. Each Consumer can disable the "cookies" mechanism in the web browser of his terminal device. The Seller informs that disabling "cookies" may cause difficulties or prevent the use of the Online Store.
2. The administrator of personal data processed in connection with the implementation of the provisions of these Regulations is Innovisense LTD with its registered office in London (WC1N 3AX), 27 Old Gloucester Street, Great Britain
3. The Seller informs that the public nature of the Internet and the use of services provided electronically may involve the risk of obtaining and modifying Consumer data by unauthorized persons, therefore recommends the use of appropriate technical measures that will minimize the above risks. The Seller informs that it applies appropriate technical measures to secure the data provided when using the Online Store. In addition, the Seller informs that it never asks Consumer to request a password or login in any form.
III. CUSTOMER ACCOUNT
1. Creating a Customer Account is not necessary to place an order in the Online Store.
2. In order to create a Customer Account, the Consumer should make a free Registration.
3. Registration means filling in the form available on the Shop Website and sending it electronically to the Seller by selecting the appropriate function contained in the registration form. During Registration, the Consumer sets up an individual login and password. The Consumer has the option of making changes to the data provided during the Registration and submitting at any time a statement on the resignation from the Customer Account.
4. After the registration, the Consumer receives the Registration confirmation to the e-mail address provided by him. Upon confirmation, an agreement is concluded for the electronic provision of the Customer Account Maintenance service.
5. During Registration, the Consumer may consent to the processing of his personal data for marketing purposes by checking the appropriate box of the registration form. The consent may be withdrawn at any time, including by sending a statement via e-mail to the address of the Seller. At the time of selection, the Seller informs about the purpose of collecting the Consumer's personal data, as well as about the known to the Seller or intended recipients of such data.
6. The Seller is entitled to block access to the Customer Account in the event of action by the Consumer to the detriment of the Seller or other Consumers, violation of the provisions of law or provisions of the Regulations, as well as when blocking access to the Customer Account is justified by security reasons, in particular: overcoming by the Customer of the Shop Website's security measures or other hacker activities. The Seller shall notify the Consumer about blocking access to the Customer's Account by electronic means to the e-mail address provided by him, at the same time indicating the reason for the blockade.
IV. PLACING ORDERS
1. Placing orders in the Online Store may take place 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
2. Placing an order is done by selecting the item, adding it to the Cart, choosing the payment method and the method of delivery, and then confirming it by selecting the "Confirm purchase" option. Each time before sending the order to the Seller, the Consumer is informed about the total price of the order and all additional costs which he is obliged to incur in connection with the Sale Agreement.
3. After placing the order, the Seller sends a confirmation of its submission to the e-mail address provided by the Consumer, and then information about the acceptance of the order for execution. Upon receipt by the Consumer of information about the acceptance of the order, the Sales Agreement is concluded for execution.
4. After the conclusion of the Purchase Agreement, the Consumer receives a confirmation of its terms and conditions at the Consumer's email address or in writing to the shipping address indicated by him.
1. Prices in the Online Store placed next to a given Product mean gross prices and do not contain information on the costs of Delivery and any other costs that the Consumer will be obliged to incur in connection with the Sale Agreement.
2. The Seller each time informs the Consumer about the deadline in which he is obliged to make the payment for the order and the amount of all costs resulting from the concluded Sales Agreement.
3. When placing an order, the consumer can choose one of the following forms of payment: -by credit card via Dotpay external payment system. In this case the order is processed after confirming the order and receiving the information from the system about the payment, - traditional bank transfer, in this case, the order is completed after receiving the payment. If there is no payment within 7 days from the date of the purchase, the Seller withdraws from the Sales Agreement and the order is canceled,
VI. DELIVERY OF ORDERS
1. Delivery of the products is payable, unless the Sale Agreement provides otherwise. Delivery costs (including charges for transport services and delivery) are indicated on the Online Store website in the "Delivery costs" tab and when placing the Order.
2. If the ordered Products are not picked up on the date specified by the operator or refusal to accept it, which has been returned to the Seller as the sender of the parcel, the Seller treats this as a return of the products. The Consumer may apply to the Seller for re-sending the Products, which will entail additional shipping costs.
3. The Seller enables delivery via courier.
4. The delivery time is up to 7 Business Days, unless a shorter deadline is given in the description of the product or when placing the Order.
5. It is recommended that the Consumer inspect the delivered parcel in time and in the manner accepted for parcels of a given type. In the event of a loss or damage to the shipment, the Consumer has the right to request the Supplier to draw up the proper protocol. Lack of writing down the protocol does not deprive the Consumer of the right to lodge a complaint and investigate it.
VII. COMPLAINTS, COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
1. Complaints related to the Products or performance of the Contract of Sale The Consumer may submit via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The response to the complaint by the Seller shall take place immediately, not later than within 14 days from the date of its submission.
3. The Seller indicates a link to the platform for resolving the online dispute, ie the Online Dispute Resolution platform https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show
VIII. WITHDRAWAL FROM THE SALE CONTRACT
1. A consumer who has concluded a distance contract may, within 14 calendar days, withdraw from it without giving any reason and without incurring costs, except for the delivery costs. To meet the deadline, it is enough to send a statement before the deadline. The declaration on withdrawal from the contract may be submitted via mail to email@example.com
2. If the Consumer submitted a statement on the withdrawal from the Contract of Sale before the Seller accepted his offer, the offer ceases to be binding.
3. The Seller is obliged to immediately, no later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Consumer's statement on withdrawal from the Contract of Sale, return all payments made by him, including the costs of Delivery of the Products to the Consumer. The Seller may withhold reimbursement of payments received from the Consumer until receipt of the Products back.
4. If the Consumer using the right of withdrawal has chosen the method of delivery of the Products other than the cheapest usual method of Delivery offered by the Seller, the Seller is not obliged to refund the additional costs incurred by the Consumer.
5. The Consumer is obliged to return the Products to the Seller immediately, but not later than within 14 days from the day on which he resigned from the Contract of Sale. To meet the deadline, it is enough to return the Products to the Seller's address before the deadline expires.
6. The Consumer is obliged to return the Products to the Seller immediately, but not later than within 14 days from the date on which he resigned from the Contract of Sale. To meet the deadline, it is enough to return the Good to the address of the Innovisense LTD storage : Big Yellow Gloucester, 89 Eastern Avenue, Gloucester GL4 6PQ, Great Britain with the note Innovisense LTD
7. In the event of withdrawal, the Customer who is a Consumer bears only the direct cost of returning the Product.
8. The Consumer is liable for a decrease in the value of the Product as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Product.
9. The Seller shall return the payment using the same method of payment as the Consumer used unless the Consumer has expressly agreed to a different method of return, which does not involve any costs for him.
10. The right to withdraw from the Contract of Sale is not due to the Client being a Consumer in relation to contracts in which the Goods are delivered in a sealed package, which after opening the packaging can not be returned due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if the packaging was opened after delivery.
X. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. The Seller processes consumer data of Consumers in order to perform orders, for analytical and statistical purposes, for the purpose of ensuring the security of the IT system and management of this system and the purpose of potential determination and enforcement of claims or defense against them. The data is processed only on the basis of legal provisions or consent expressed by the Consumer in accordance with applicable law.
2. The transfer of personal data to the Seller is voluntary. The seller processes only data that is necessary for the correct execution of the order, i.e. name, surname, address, telephone number, e-mail address. Failure to do so in the Registration process makes it impossible to register and set up a Customer Account and prevents the submission and execution of an order in the event of placing an order without registering a Customer Account.
3. The processing period for personal data depends on the type of service provided and the purpose of processing. The principle is that the data is processed by the time the service is provided or the order is being processed, until the consent is withdrawn or effective opposition to the data processing is filed in cases where the legal basis for data processing is the Administrator's legitimate interest. The exception to this rule is the case when processing is necessary to establish and assert any claims or defend against them, and after that time only in the case and to the extent that they will be required by law. After the end of the processing period, the data is irreversibly deleted.
4. The Seller makes the collected personal data of the Consumer available to the selected carrier or intermediary carrying out the shipment at the request of the Seller. The Seller provides the collected personal data of the Consumer to the selected entity servicing the payment in the Online Store.
5. Every person who has disclosed his / her personal data has the right to access to data, request rectification, deletion, processing restrictions, data transfer rights, the right to object to data processing and the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data.
6. To the extent to which personal data are processed on the basis of granted consent, it may be withdrawn at any time by contacting the Data Administrator in electronic form at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address of the seller: Innovisense LTD, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, United Kingdom. The Seller may refuse to delete personal data if the Consumer did not pay all amounts due to the Seller or violated applicable law, and the retention of personal data is necessary to clarify these circumstances and determine the Consumer's liability.
1. The Newsletter service is available to every customer during the registration of an account or by entering their e-mail address, using for this purpose a registration form made available by the Seller on the Shop Website. After sending the completed registration form, the Customer shall receive, without delay, by e-mail to the e-mail address provided in the registration form, confirmation by the Seller. With this moment, an agreement is concluded for the provision of the Newsletter service electronically.
2. Newsletter service is free and consists in sending by the Seller, to the email address, an electronic message containing information about new products or services in the Seller's offer. The Newsletter is sent by the Seller to all Clients who have subscribed.
3. Each Newsletter addressed to the Clients concerned contains, in particular: information about the sender, a completed "subject" field, specifying the content of the shipment and information about the possibility and method of withdrawal from the free Newsletter service.
4. The Customer may at any time opt out of receiving the Newsletter by unsubscribing from the subscription via the link provided in each e-mail sent as part of the Newsletter service or by activating the relevant field in the Customer Account.
XII. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. The Seller reserves the right to change these Regulations. All orders accepted by the Seller for execution before the date of entry into force of the new Regulations are implemented on the basis of the Regulations, which was in force on the date of ordering.
2. In case of concluding on the basis of these Terms and Conditions of continuous contracts (eg Customer Account), the amended Regulations binds the Consumer, if it has been made available to him so that it can store and reproduce it in the ordinary course of action and not terminate the contract in 14 calendar days from the date of notification.
3. The Regulations shall enter into force on 25 July 2019.